Smiling David's Dance Extravaganza
Escape to the Poconos
Slots still open: Registration Extended until April 12th
**ALL SHOWCASE COMPETITIONS MUST BE REGISTERED BY APRIL 1, 2017 IN ORDER TO COMPETE.
This goes for ALL Amateur, Pro-Am, Am-Am & Professional SHOWCASE DIVISIONS.**
All performers and competitors MUST have a performer pass.
Each competition needs a separate registration. If you have any problem please email email@example.com with each entry that you would like to participate in.
**TODAS LAS CATEGORIAS EN "SHOWCASE" TIENEN QUE ESTAR REGISTRADA NO MAS TARDAR DEL 1 DE ABRIL DEL 2017 PARA PODER COMPETIR.
Esto es para TODAS las competencias Amateur, Pro-Am, Am-Am & Professional Divisiones de "SHOWCASE".**
Competitor Requirements and Policies:
1. All competitors must possess A Performers Pass to be eligible to compete.
2. ALL competitions must be registered and paid for on eventbrite.com or request a form to fill out with firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-489-3321 to pay David @ Smiling David's Dance School. REGISTRATION MUST BE FILLED OUT.
3. Late or on site entries will be subject to a late fee per entry.
4. The organizer has the right to cancel or combine categories for any division with less than 3 entries.
5. Competitors must adhere to the definitions and choose their status (Amateur or Professional) and are not permitted to change status from one entry to another.
1. All Couples & Solo Showcase Routines should be no less than 2 minutes and no more than 2.5 minutes long. This includes optional entrance and/or exit music.
2. All Team Showcase Routines should be no less than 2 minutes and no more than 3 minutes long. This includes optional entrance and/or exit music.
3. Music for all salsa divisions must be 80% Salsa music.
4. Music for all bachata divisions must be 80% Bachata music.
5. Music for all Cha Cha divisions must be 80% Cha Cha music.
6. Competitors will have no more than 20 seconds to get into place for performance. Any choreography prior to the beginning of the music will be counted toward the overall timing of the performance. Likewise, dancers will have a maximum of 20 seconds at the conclusion of their routines to bow and leave the stage.
7. Props are not allowed.
8. Music for competition to be supplied in CD format to the disc jockey, or designated deck captain, and must be provided at the competitor meeting.
9. Song for the actual competition to be the ONLY song on that CD.
10. CD’s should have the names of the competitors clearly marked on the CD.
11. Failure to comply with this requirement could result in a penalty of 10% off of the final score.
Criteria Scoring of the Showcase Routines will be based upon the following criteria, and will be weighted in the scoring room in the following manner:
Adult & Children Dance Competitions