Here are some things that the youth in our community can benefit from dance education & participation in a performance team.
- Dance education aids the development of kinesthetic intelligence.
- Dance education creates opportunities for self-expression and communication within the constraints of the medium of the body.
- Dance, whether representational, thematic, or abstract, is a repository of civilization that changes through time.
- Dance education teaches the values and skills of creativity, problem solving, risk taking, making judgments in the absence of rules and higher-order thinking skills.
- Dance provides as opportunity for students to recognize that there are multiple solutions to problems.
- The study of dance fosters an individual's ability to better interpret interpersonal nonverbal communication.
- Dance education provides a strong base from which to analyze and make informed judgments about corporeal images.
- Learning the dances of other cultures helps students to develop an understanding and respect for them.
- Through stimulating all the senses, dance goes beyond verbal language in engaging dancers and promoting the development of multisensory being.
- Dance provides options to destructive alternatives in a world that is unpredictable and unsafe children.
- Dance education prepares people for careers in dance and other fields.
- Dance enhances an individual's lifelong quality of life.
- Participation in dance benefits our communities economically.
- Dance education helps students develop physical fitness, appreciation of the body, concern for sound health practices and effective stress management approaches.
At Smiling David's Dance School we have been teaching children, teens & adults since 1997.
Escape to the Poconos Event Organizer
Pzazz Dancers Director
Escape to the Poconos Performance Team Organizer
Smiling David's Dance Extravaganza